Architectural Style is “Greek Revival Bungalow” and is possibly a qualifier for historic home registration for architectural style, because as far as Historic Society can tell it is the first Greek Revival architectural style in Shackelford County. It is walking distance from downtown, Old Jail Art Center, City Park & Pool and Restaurants.
Three bedroom / Two bath and master bedroom is large enough for king bed and sofa set up. Living room, dining room, breakfast nook, kitchen and mud/utility room.
Wood burning fireplace, electric insert fireplace in master bedroom, entire house made with structural brick, cement plaster walls with picture railing.
Ten foot ceilings, large finished attic walk-in closet, and a large porch to watch town parades.
There’s a veranda off the dining room that overlooks the yard.
Two car steel carport with alley exit and the top of the carport could be converted into another patio space.
When remodeling the owners were careful to keep the original sink, toilets and bath sinks.
Original light fixtures in living room, dining room, two bedrooms, hallways and front porch. The backyard features two entertaining spaces: fire pit patio and corner backyard patio.
The home also includes three additional living/working spaces: 1) Studio Office with a backyard entrance 2) Garage/Workshop with a driveway entrance 3) 20′ x 16′ Basement with a backyard entrance
UPDATES TO THE PROPERTY INCLUDE: Roof in September 2020, Electric in December 2020, HVAC in January 2021 with all new ducting, heat pump and air handler, Water Heater in 2021, Plumbing which included all new service lines from the street to throughout the house with PEX in December 2020, Interior and Exterior Paint in 2021, Restored original wood floors in 2021, & Attic Insulation in 2021
HISTORY OF THE HOME: Built in 1925 by Darrell Crawford “DC” & Ann Eliza Brazell. DC struck oil in 1921 and was instantly rich. DC died in 1927 of sudden illness and Eliza lived in and maintained ownership of the house until she died in 1970. Eliza left the house to her sister who sold it soon after to Morris Ledbetter. The Ledbetter’s lived in the home until he died in 1999. The home fell into a family trust and the back room was rented out as an office. After the last living kin died, the estate managers sold the home to the current owners who are just the third owners of the home.